Regenerative Gardening and Living with Farmer Rishi - Fall Session
September 18 - October 30, 2019
Regenerative Gardening and Living with Farmer Rishi
Learn How to Apply Regenerative Principles and Practices to your Home Garden and Lifestyle
In partnership with Urban Farmer Rishi Kumar, Kiss the Ground is excited to offer this new Lifestyle Course that teaches regenerative gardening in a way that anyone can connect with regenerative systems and healthy soils.
We’ll cover how to build healthy soil, compost, start seeds, harvest your crops, shift your mindset, and meet other inspiring people in your community. No gardening experience necessary, just a desire to learn, explore, and improve the world around you.
- Course dates: September 18-October 30, 2019
- You can choose to attend our Los Angeles-based course sessions online or in-person
- All sessions are recorded and available to all participants
“Regeneration is not just a principle that applies to agriculture, it is an idea that applies to everyday life.” - Farmer Rishi Kumar
The goal of this course is to educate and inspire everyone to create gardens with the power to regenerate land, bodies, minds, and spirits.
We'll provide the fundamental ideas and practices necessary to participate in regeneration at any scale and in any location―from indoor and balcony gardens to suburban home gardens to public landscapes. We'll define and describe what regeneration means as a cultural concept, and demonstrate how that practice can be reflected tangibly in a garden setting.
We'll explore fundamental ideas and practices necessary to participate in regeneration at any scale and in any location—from indoor and balcony gardens to suburban home gardens to public landscapes.
Course Structure: Lectures and Garden Sessions
The course is 7-weeks long, and you can attend online via zoom from anywhere in the world. You can also choose to attend the Los Angeles, California based course sessions in-person. We will meet Wednesdays for weekly lectures (2-hours) and Saturdays for our Outdoor Garden Sessions (3-hours).
- Weekly lectures are held at The Riveter in Marina del Rey, Los Angeles located at 4505 Glencoe Avenue, Marina Del Rey, California 92092 and broadcasted live via zoom for online participation from anywhere.
- Outdoor Garden Sessions will be held at specified locations in Los Angeles County and will be recorded and made available to all course participants. The garden session schedule is provided below.
ALL COURSE SESSIONS will be RECORDED and will be available to all course participants following each session.
This course is closed for enrollment.
“Farmer Rishi's Regenerative Garden & Living Class goes deeper than the soil. His philosophy of interconnectedness applies to community, family and our relationship to ourselves. Rishi showed me that nurturing our soil and gardens does not need to be a full-time job - in fact, his practices encourage sustainable environments no matter how much time or money we have. Thank you for empowering me to celebrate my role in our beautiful ecosystem we call nature!” - Heather Cappiello
This course is closed for enrollment.
Do you live in a city but want to compost and garden?
Are you a home gardener already who is wondering how to integrate regenerative principles and healthy soil practices?
This course is for you.
- Classroom Sessions (Live Online, In-person, & Recorded): At the Riveter office at 4505 Glencoe Ave, Marina del Rey, CA and live-streamed via Zoom for online attendees.
- Outdoor Sessions (In-person & Recorded): Each session will be at a different garden location (see below for specific addresses). Outdoor sessions are recorded for online participants
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019: Introduction to Regeneration (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019: Soil Health Part 1 (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Saturday, September 28, 2019: Regenerative Garden Tour (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at The Growing Home in Diamond Bar, CA
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019: Soil Health Part 2 (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019: Water Cycles (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 : Soil Regeneration Practical (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at a Private Garden in Highland Park, Los Angeles, CA
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019: Trees and Perennials (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019: Garden Design (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Saturday, October 26, 2019: Regenerative Annual Gardening (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at Venice Learning Garden in Venice, CA
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019: Annual Gardening (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
Learn daily "how-to's" to be a positive force on the planet. We’ll cover how to build healthy soil, compost, start seeds, harvest your crops, shift your mindset, and meet other inspiring people in your community. No gardening experience necessary, just a desire to learn, explore, and improve the world around you.
Farmer Rishi Kumar is a small-scale farmer, sustainability educator and consultant. Since 2010, he has been working in Los Angeles to grow food, restore soil, and connect people through the power of gardens. He operates Sarvodaya Farms in Pomona, CA and now works with Kiss the Ground to help more people connect with the hopeful message of regenerative gardening and agriculture. Rishi has a degree in Computer Science from UC San Diego (2010).