Introducing a Brand New Lifestyle Course from Kiss the Ground
Regenerative Gardening and Living with Farmer Rishi: Learn how to apply Regenerative Principles and Practices to your home garden and lifestyle.
From: September 18 - October 30, 2019 (See full schedule below)
Where: Attend Online (live or watch recorded classes) or In- Person at the Riveter Office in Marina del Rey, Los Angeles. (4505 Glencoe Ave) Outdoor Sessions: Will be held at specified locations (listed below) in Los Angeles County and will be recorded and posted for our online attendees.
In partnership with Urban Farmer Rishi Kumar, Kiss the Ground is excited to introduce a new Lifestyle Course that teaches regenerative gardening in a way that anyone can connect with regenerative systems and healthy soils.
The goal of this course is to educate and inspire everyone to create gardens with the power to regenerate land, bodies, minds, and spirits. We'll provide the fundamental ideas and practices necessary to participate in regeneration at any scale and in any location―from indoor and balcony gardens to suburban home gardens to public landscapes. We'll define and describe what regeneration means as a cultural concept, and demonstrate how that practice can be reflected tangibly in a garden setting.
The course is 7-weeks long, and you can attend online via zoom from anywhere in the world OR in-person in Los Angeles, California. We will meet once a week for two hours in a classroom and meet for three additional 3-hour sessions at a garden.
Some Key Topics We Will Explore:
- Regenerative Garden Design
- Soil + Human Health
- Soil Regeneration
- Water Cycle Regeneration
- Trees and Perennials
- Regenerative Annual Gardening
Learn daily "how-to's" to be a positive force on the planet. We’ll cover how to build healthy soil, compost, start seeds, harvest your crops, shift your mindset, and meet other inspiring people in your community. No gardening experience necessary, just a desire to learn, explore, and improve the world around you.
Get started now!
Do you live in a city but want to compost and garden?
Are you a home gardener already who is wondering how to integrate regenerative principles and healthy soil practices?
This course is for you.
- Classroom Sessions (Live Online, In-person, & Recorded): At the Riveter office at 4505 Glencoe Ave, Marina del Rey, CA and live-streamed via Zoom for online attendees.
- Outdoor Sessions (In-person & Recorded): Each session will be at a different garden location (see below for specific addresses). Outdoor sessions are recorded for online participants
ALL COURSE SESSIONS will be RECORDED and available to all course participants following each session.
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019: Introduction to Regeneration (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019: Soil Health Part 1 (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Saturday Class: Regenerative Garden Tour (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at The Growing Home in Diamond Bar, CA
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019: Soil Health Part 2 (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019: Water Cycles (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Saturday Class: Soil Regeneration Practical (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at a Private Garden in Highland Park, Los Angeles, CA
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019: Trees and Perennials (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019: Garden Design (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
- Saturday Class: Regenerative Annual Gardening (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at Venice Learning Garden in Venice, CA
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019: Annual Gardening (Online/Classroom from 4:30pm-6:30pm PT)
We'll explore fundamental ideas and practices necessary to participate in regeneration at any scale and in any location—from indoor and balcony gardens to suburban home gardens to public landscapes.
Farmer Rishi Kumar is a small-scale farmer, sustainability educator and consultant. Since 2010, he has been working in Los Angeles to grow food, restore soil, and connect people through the power of gardens. He operates Sarvodaya Farms in Pomona, CA and now works with Kiss the Ground to help more people connect with the hopeful message of regenerative gardening and agriculture. Rishi has a degree in Computer Science from UC San Diego (2010).
The goal of this course is to educate and inspire everyone to create gardens with the power to regenerate land, bodies, minds, and spirits.