Regenerative Gardening and Living with Farmer Rishi
Learn How to Apply Regenerative Principles and Practices to your Home Garden and Lifestyle
In partnership with Urban Farmer Rishi Kumar, Kiss the Ground is excited to offer this Lifestyle Course that teaches regenerative gardening in a way that anyone can connect with regenerative systems and healthy soils.
We’ll cover how to build healthy soil, compost, start seeds, harvest your crops, shift your mindset, and meet other inspiring people in your community. No gardening experience necessary, just a desire to learn, explore, and improve the world around you.
When and Where:
The course is 7-weeks long. We will meet virtually from anywhere in the world on Wednesdays from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT for weekly lectures via zoom. If you are local to Southern California, you can also choose to add-on the 3 Saturday in-person garden sessions (3-hours each) which will held at specified locations in Los Angeles County. The garden session schedule is provided below.
- Course dates: January 22, 2020 - March 4, 2020
- Weekly Lectures: This course is online every Wednesday from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT (Click here to convert to your time zone)
- Add-On Garden Sessions: Students have the option to add-on the Saturday in-person Garden Sessions at various locations in the Los Angeles, California area. The full garden schedule is listed below.
- Course Recordings: All sessions (lectures and garden sessions) are recorded and available to all participants
“Regeneration is not just a principle that applies to agriculture, it is an idea that applies to everyday life.” - Farmer Rishi Kumar
The goal of this course is to educate and inspire everyone to create gardens with the power to regenerate land, bodies, minds, and spirits.
We'll provide the fundamental ideas and practices necessary to participate in regeneration at any scale and in any location―from indoor and balcony gardens to suburban home gardens to public landscapes. We'll define and describe what regeneration means as a cultural concept, and demonstrate how that practice can be reflected tangibly in a garden setting.
We'll explore fundamental ideas and practices necessary to participate in regeneration at any scale and in any location—from indoor and balcony gardens to suburban home gardens to public landscapes.
Get started now!
“Farmer Rishi's Regenerative Garden & Living Class goes deeper than the soil. His philosophy of interconnectedness applies to community, family and our relationship to ourselves. Rishi showed me that nurturing our soil and gardens does not need to be a full-time job - in fact, his practices encourage sustainable environments no matter how much time or money we have. Thank you for empowering me to celebrate my role in our beautiful ecosystem we call nature!” - Heather Cappiello
Get started now!
Do you live in a city but want to compost and garden?
Are you a home gardener already who is wondering how to integrate regenerative principles and healthy soil practices?
This course is for you.
- "Classroom" Lecture Sessions are all live online: All classroom sessions are live-streamed via Zoom for online attendees. These sessions are recorded and made available to everyone enrolled.
- Optional Add-on Outdoor Sessions (In-person): Each session will be at a different garden location (see below for specific addresses). These sessions are recorded and made available to everyone enrolled.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020: Introduction to Regeneration (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020: Soil Health Part 1 (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020: Soil Health Part 2 (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020: Water Cycles (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020: Trees and Perennials (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020: Garden Design (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020: Annual Gardening (Online from 6:30pm-8:30pm PT)
Add-on In-Person Garden Sessions:
- Saturday, February 1, 2020: Regenerative Garden Tour (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at The Growing Home in Diamond Bar, CA
- Saturday, February 15, 2020: Soil Regeneration Practical (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at a Private Garden in Highland Park, Los Angeles, CA
- Saturday, February 29, 2020: Regenerative Annual Gardening (In-person from 9am - 12pm) at Venice Learning Garden in Venice, CA
Learn daily "how-to's" to be a positive force on the planet. We’ll cover how to build healthy soil, compost, start seeds, harvest your crops, shift your mindset, and meet other inspiring people in your community. No gardening experience necessary, just a desire to learn, explore, and improve the world around you.
Farmer Rishi Kumar is a small-scale farmer, sustainability educator and consultant. Since 2010, he has been working in Los Angeles to grow food, restore soil, and connect people through the power of gardens. He operates Sarvodaya Farms in Pomona, CA and now works with Kiss the Ground to help more people connect with the hopeful message of regenerative gardening and agriculture. Rishi has a degree in Computer Science from UC San Diego (2010).